- Assist in manage staffing, including hiring, training and monitoring workload, to ensure work and responsibilities of the accounting department are appropriately covered.
- Management of job descriptions, postings, and interview questions for the finance team
- Assist in oversight of all aspects of accounting, including manufacturing and inventory from commercial fishing, sales, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and federal and state regulatory and tax related filings.
- Oversight of the payroll system, calendar, and procedures
- Assist in creating and improving processes and internal controls for a rapidly growing company.
- Assist in the Preparation of financial statements as well as present for actuals to management as requested.
- Review and manage the GL, including the review and verification of substantial and/or irregular entries, either in the modules or through the general ledger.
- Stay up to date on accounting pronouncements and assist with implementation memorandums and procedures for the finance department to maintain compliance with GAAP.
- Training and development of the finance department including a development of the non-professional and professional staff into stronger accountants with better understandings of the effects of their departments.
- Provide coverage for the Controller when needed.
- Coordinate and assist in the oversight of the financial statement audit.
- Assist finance department in resolution of identified problems and errors.
- Other duties as assigned.